I have been really slacking on blogging recently. I need to get back into the habit of posting at least once a week. I have plenty of things to post about I just need to take the time to write each post. Keep coming back for some cool posts in the coming weeks.
So on to the reason for this post.
You might remember a little over 5 months ago I posted my goal to get moving again this year. If you have been following me on twitter and keeping up on my blog I am sure you know that I have been very successful with this goal. Back in May, which is just 2.5 months since I started my goal, I posted about completing my first 5K. So far that is the only official race I have taken part in but soon enough I will have at least one half-marathon under my belt.
Here are some notes updating you about the past 5 months and what is ahead:
- I have dropped 24 pounds on the scale so far. I haven’t been this light for 4 years. I am hoping to drop 15 to 20 more.
- I have been doing lifting focusing on my upper body every Mon, Wed, Fri each week and have definitely put on some muscle so I am sure I have lost more than 24 pounds of fat.
- I am usually getting a run in 5 to 6 days a week with each run usually being at least 30 minutes.
- Most days I am running either 3, 4, or 5 miles.
- I have had weeks recently where I have run 25 and 22 miles over 6 days.
- My Nike shoes that I wrote about in the original post are holding up well. They have been very comfortable and I have had no blisters at all.
- Last week I was able to do my first chin-up in at least 4 years. I actually did 2! I immediately went out and bought a chin-up bar.
- My best times are 3.0 miles in 23:40, 4.0 miles in 33:26, and 5.0 miles in 43:54
- Kolby and I are planning on running in the Las Vegas half marathon December 6th.